Sunday, May 07, 2006

Bush responds to "Fahrenheit 911"

Bush said the worst moment was September 11 when hijacked planes crashed into the World Trade Centre in New York and the Pentagon in Washington.

"In such a situation it takes a while before one understands what is happening," Bush said. "I would say that this was the hardest moment, once I had the real picture before my eyes."
Which explains a lot about that day.

And his best moment?

"I would say the best moment of all was when I caught a 7.5 pound (3.402 kilos) perch in my lake," he told the newspaper in an interview published on Sunday.

You can't make this stuff up.

Addendum: Yes, Bush really has lost his mojo.

The man widely expected to be President George W. Bush's choice to lead the C.I.A. encountered surprisingly strong bipartisan opposition today, with the Republican chairman of the House Intelligence Committee bluntly calling him "the wrong man at the wrong place at the wrong time.
Two things about this article: it leads with quotes from Democrats, but still describes the opposition to Hayden as "bi-partisan." And it includes quotes from two Republicans, but no one says "The opposition won't derail the nomination."

And this will be the crunch point:

One Republican senator, Saxby Chambliss of Georgia, said he believed that even were General Hayden to resign his military commission, serious conflicts would remain.

"I think the fact that he is part of the military today would be the major problem," Mr. Chambliss said on ABC-TV. "Now, just resigning commission and moving on, putting on a striped suit, a pinstriped suit versus an air force uniform, I don't think makes much difference."

No comments:

Post a Comment