Adventus

"The central doctrine of Christianity, then, is not that God is a bastard. It is, in the words of the late Dominican theologian Herbert McCabe, that if you don’t love you’re dead, and if you do, they’ll kill you."--Terry Eagleton

"It is impossible for me to say in my book one word about all that music has meant in my life. How then can I hope to be understood?--Ludwig Wittgenstein

“The opposite of poverty is not wealth; the opposite of poverty is justice."--Bryan Stevenson

Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Most Uninteresting Man In The World


I don't always watch TeeVee, but when I do, I prefer to watch "Countdown with Keith Olbermann."

So now what am I gonna do?

4 Comments:

Blogger shrimplate said...

150 channels of Pravda and now one less voice coming from the increasingly small world of Samizdat.

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anthony McCarthy said...

I'm glad I dropped Comcast cable in my home more than ever. And happy that I'm ripping off a neighbor's Comcast (with his permission) to go online.

TV is a machine to make people stupider. Despite Fred Rogers, Bill Moyers and Rachel Maddow, I don't think it's redeemable.

7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anthony McCarthy said...

RMJ, I'm going to be out for an extended period. I'll miss your posts and comments. Hope everything goes well for you and your community.

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Dave said...

Might I suggest Modern Family?

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home