Adventus

"The central doctrine of Christianity, then, is not that God is a bastard. It is, in the words of the late Dominican theologian Herbert McCabe, that if you don’t love you’re dead, and if you do, they’ll kill you."--Terry Eagleton

"It is impossible for me to say in my book one word about all that music has meant in my life. How then can I hope to be understood?--Ludwig Wittgenstein

“The opposite of poverty is not wealth; the opposite of poverty is justice."--Bryan Stevenson

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Weekend Update

I am shamelessly stealing this from Dependable Renegade, who also took it from somewhere else.

Anyway, after Saturday it won't matter, eh?

7 Comments:

Blogger geor3ge said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:09 PM  
Blogger geor3ge said...

I continue to believe that the Rapture already happened and nobody made the cut.

9:10 PM  
Blogger MadPriest said...

Actually it's going to be a lot hotter than that. I have it on good authority that they use the Centigrade scale in hell.

7:24 AM  
Blogger Rmj said...

I have it on good authority that they use the Centigrade scale in hell.

Well, they would, wouldn't they?

Tells you all you need to know about Europe, eh?

8:01 AM  
Blogger JCF said...

Hell in Detroit? That's like carrying coals to Newcastle! [;-) MP's way]

I kid, I kid. As a former Michigander, I can testify that Motown is down (for the past half century) but not out! It'll be back, "Dancing in the Streets"!

4:58 PM  
Blogger MadPriest said...

People should take notice of what is happening in Detroit. There are good things going on there that demonstrate an alternative way of living that might be the only way we can save this planet of ours.

5:01 PM  
Blogger geor3ge said...

I for one am proud to be a part of this organization:

http://www.detroitchildrenschoir.org/

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home