Adventus

"The central doctrine of Christianity, then, is not that God is a bastard. It is, in the words of the late Dominican theologian Herbert McCabe, that if you don’t love you’re dead, and if you do, they’ll kill you."--Terry Eagleton

"It is impossible for me to say in my book one word about all that music has meant in my life. How then can I hope to be understood?--Ludwig Wittgenstein

“The opposite of poverty is not wealth; the opposite of poverty is justice."--Bryan Stevenson

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

An Early Christmas Present

While doing other, more important things, I simply have to post this for the 6 or so people who won't see it anywhere else:

5 Comments:

Blogger Grandmère Mimi said...

Well, I stole the video for the 2 or so people who haven't seen it here or elsewhere.

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just what I needed to hear at the end of a day that began with hearing that "Tebowing", or making a public display of religion in contradiction to the Gospel of Jesus (only they didn't put it exactly that way on NPR) had made some online dictionary or other.

Anthony McCarthy

3:50 PM  
Blogger Grandmère Mimi said...

Anthony, with the advent of the intertubes, neologisms make into the lexicon with ever-increasing speed. Resistance is futile.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Rmj said...

Anthony, with the advent of the intertubes, neologisms make into the lexicon with ever-increasing speed. Resistance is futile.

And disappear, just as rapidly. Documenting them is futile, too.

Then again, I'm not sure anything on the intertubes is ever "documented"....

7:56 PM  
Anonymous pay per head said...

I really admire this, I mean it really looks interesting! Very nice write up. Anyways, its a Great post.

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home