Adventus

"The central doctrine of Christianity, then, is not that God is a bastard. It is, in the words of the late Dominican theologian Herbert McCabe, that if you don’t love you’re dead, and if you do, they’ll kill you."--Terry Eagleton

"It is impossible for me to say in my book one word about all that music has meant in my life. How then can I hope to be understood?--Ludwig Wittgenstein

“The opposite of poverty is not wealth; the opposite of poverty is justice."--Bryan Stevenson

Friday, April 03, 2015

Good Friday 2015



Not a version I was familiar with, but still achingly beautiful. Aside from Bach, probably the only music I would allow on this day.

8 Comments:

Blogger JCF said...

I'm a Godspell person, myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDkploOdrbI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYligzyAj84

A blessed Holy Saturday...and then Happy Easter!

2:35 PM  
Blogger ntodd said...

I love 'em both. Actually used this track from the original production in a video the kids and I made about a knight burned up by a dragon. It was strangely touching.

4:42 PM  
Blogger ntodd said...

OT FWIW:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/slacktivist/2015/04/03/between-scalia-and-charybdis-another-non-scholarly-look-at-why-an-awful-supreme-court-ruling-was-awful-and-made-rfra-necessary/

9:17 PM  
Blogger Rmj said...

Funny, I was just reading an article at Salon about why RFRA is the problem. Granted, it involved a really bad misreading of Hobby Lobby and a rank ignorance of the law. But hey, it was on the internet. ,..

11:24 PM  
Blogger ntodd said...

Lemme guess, accommodating religious practice in non-discriminatory ways is no longer something liberals support the way we did when the real RFRA was passed.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Rmj said...

Something about how RFRA has made us all serfs and subject to fundies.

11:16 PM  
Blogger ntodd said...

Goddammit, I really hate it when fundies for me to make serf & turf for their weddings.

7:06 AM  
Blogger ntodd said...

I meant "force". I blame these fundamentalist cats attacking my hand.

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home