Adventus

"The central doctrine of Christianity, then, is not that God is a bastard. It is, in the words of the late Dominican theologian Herbert McCabe, that if you don’t love you’re dead, and if you do, they’ll kill you."--Terry Eagleton

"It is impossible for me to say in my book one word about all that music has meant in my life. How then can I hope to be understood?--Ludwig Wittgenstein

“The opposite of poverty is not wealth; the opposite of poverty is justice."--Bryan Stevenson

Monday, January 18, 2016

Martin Luther King, Jr. and Christian Ethics


This one is rapidly disappearing down the Salon memory hole, and it deserves greater recognition and wider reading.

So I recommend it to you.  All 8 or so of you.  ;-)

5 Comments:

Blogger June Butler said...

Truly excellent. Thanks for the link. Proud to be among the Adventus 8.

6:31 PM  
Blogger trex said...

Represent!

9:55 PM  
Blogger The Thought Criminal said...

I agree with June and trex.

5:31 AM  
Blogger ntodd said...

I won't go unless snacks are provided.

7:08 AM  
Blogger trex said...

The talk by Bruggemann was excellent and eye-opening. It was, as they say, like hearing the Gospel. I have to say that the most powerful, meaningful sermons I've ever experienced in my life have come from UCC pastors. I've set foot in a UCC church only twice. The rest I've encountered here.

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home