Saturday, September 07, 2019

Chickens coming home to....

I can't read this (paywall; I'm cheap), but I spend my evenings watching 20 year old sitcom reruns (not as old as the 60 year old sitcom I'd rather watch), and they've made me realize Donald Trump is a sitcom character. He's the obnoxious dumbass you laugh at because he's fictional and you don't know him in real life (who wants to?). 20 years old is crucial here because sitcoms followed a pattern for about 60 years that modern sitcoms have somewhat replaced.

Or not. Would you really want to know any of the characters of "The Good Place" in real life?

Donald Trump is a sitcom character in the White House. Except it's the real White House and he's not a fictional character.

The problem of our TV obsessed and dominated culture has finally come home to roost.

1 comment:

  1. Not long ago I thought he was Herb Tarlick without the moral center.
    It is one of the most significant things about him that he is 100% the creation of the free press, the most potent part of it, the entertainment industry. Show business has always had close ties to organized criminals.

    ReplyDelete