Monday, May 16, 2022

Panem et Circenses

Twenty-two minutes later: And 19 minutes prior to the "press release": The penny finally dropped and I realized Elmo Musk was re-considering the data on how many people are actually on Twitter (v. bots) partly because it affects his decision to load Twitter with $40+ billion in debt. But it also means there aren't nearly as many people on Twitter as tout le Twitter imagines. It's certainly more likely to be public figures and journalists who make the TV talking heads rounds than anyone else. Still, it's fun to watch the mud fight.

I mean, I can no more toss Elise Stefanik out of office than I can replace Ted Cruz with Beto O'Rourke.  And I woulnd't vote for Liz Cheney for dog catcher.  It's a sign how far to the right the GOP has moved that Cheney is now the moderate (she used to make her father look like a moderate).

But the enemy of my enemy is my friend; temporarily, at least, and as was once said about Sunday morning church, it's a pretty good show for a buck!

No comments:

Post a Comment