Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Since I seem to be into bumper stickers


I saw this on the back of a car just now.  I've seen some like it several times before, but post-election it carries a certain poignancy.  It's practically the motto of the Romney campaign, of FoxNews, of the "conservative entertainment complex". (Yeah, I couldn't resist using NewsBusters for that last link.)

I wanted to stop that car and ask the driver how that attitude was working for him (or her) now.

I'm tellin' ya, this is like McGovern won in '72 in that alternative universe.

4 comments:

  1. MasterD4:15 PM

    Aw heck, I've been seeing that one since Clinton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Windhorse4:48 PM

    I've been seeing that one a lot lately as well. Truly ironic, given that a rare, post-election trip into the bowels of RedState reveals they believe their beloved Fox News lied to them the whole time about the state of Romney's campaign and his chances to win. To their credit they were calling for more objectivity in their echo chamber, but that just means a new TRULY conservative network...you know, until that one fails them to confirm the alternate reality they're living in and by definition becomes liberal (like what happened with George Bush).

    BTW, there is a version of that bumper sticker that hurts liberal my feelings even more, and it says, "I don't believe the LIEberal media." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Windhorse11:27 PM

    I just now followed the links. Those poor people commenting over at NewsBusters. Even with David Frum trying to talk sense into them they are just doubling down: they believe the entire media complex colluded to only report good things about Obama in order to swing the election. The reason? To facilitate UN domination of our country and turn America into Greece.

    Because you know, someone, somehow benefits from that turn of events against all reason and logic and economic good sense.

    Poignant indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Don't Believe The Liberal Media Is Liberal

    Fixed it.

    ReplyDelete