Thursday, October 03, 2013

Where this is going

Now I want to go see this monument!

Mostly because this won't go away.....

Rep. Randy Neugebauer (R-TX) at the World War II memorial in D.C. (apparently because he has nothing better to do):

Neugebauer asked the Ranger how she could turn World War II veterans away.

"How do you look at them and…deny them access?" the congressman asked.

"It's difficult," she responded.

"Well, it should be difficult," Neugebauer snapped.

"It is difficult," the Ranger said. "I'm sorry sir."

"The Park Service should be ashamed of themselves," Neugebauer said.

"I'm not ashamed," the Ranger said.

Members of the crowd then chimed in. One person shouted "This woman is doing her job, just like me."

"I'm a 30-year federal veteran -- I'm out of work," the man continued.

"Well, the reason you are is because [Senate Majority Leader Harry] Reid decided to shutdown the government," Neugebauer said.

"No, it's because the government won't do its job and pass a budget," the man responded.
I don't think that went the way he wanted it to go.  And I am wondering why nobody is complaining about the Vietnam War Memorial being closed.  Maybe because too few of those vets are in wheel chairs, or past 80?

No comments:

Post a Comment