Friday, October 07, 2016

Morning Edition

Because I'm still not as nice as I should be....

The woman being interviewed on the radio would not mention Donald Trump's name, even when prodded to do so.  When asked why, she answered that she didn't need to tear someone down in order to make Hillary Clinton look big.  Hillary Clinton, she said, is already big.  She's already prepared to be President, and there is no argument that her opponent is equally prepared.  So she didn't need to belittle him, criticize him, complain about him.  She didn't even need to mention him.

Not because she was arrogant and superior; but because she didn't need the shrill discourse of national politics to guide her.  She was clearly of the school of "If you can't say anything nice about a person, don't say anything at all."

It was a lesson, at least to me.  I like to try to learn something every day, even if it isn't new.  I tell myself it's the learning that matters.  I know it's at least better than not learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment