Friday, April 03, 2020

Anchors Aweigh!


I've been looking for an intelligent analysis of what happened to the Captain of the U.S.S. Theodore Roosevelt (maybe because my father was stationed on the U.S.S Franklin Delano Roosevelt in WWII).  I have a lot of respect for chains of command, even as I don't work within them worth a damn (I don't; that's not a point in my favor, or something to brag about.  My credo is that the first of all will be servant of all and last of all, after...all.)

This thread is an excellent explanation of what happened and why.  Is it a PR disaster for the Navy?  Yes.  Is it ugly?  Yes.  Does it mean the Naval chain of command is subject to the toxic narcicissm of the Commander-in-Chief?  Not necessarily.

I'm posting it here so you can read it and draw your own conclusions.  As I say, it's the kind of analysis I've been looking for.  There's a great deal of dross on the intertubes; sometimes there's a bit of something worthwhile there, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment