Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Trolling....or Bullying?


I remember a group of three bullies, in high school.  They thought whatever they did, especially to somebody else, was the funniest thing that had ever happened.  Oddly, nobody else thought they were funny.

They pestered me a few times, in the bleachers in the gym.  That's my memory, and I can't remember why we were in the gym or in the bleachers.  Some assembly or inside P.E. because it was raining, or something.  I do remember when they disappear from my memory.

These three liked to sit out P.E., then go to the locker room and get wet towels and snap them at people as they showered and dressed.  They figured there were three of them, and they always picked one person.  One day they made the mistake of picking two of my friends (who told me about it later).  My friends were over 6 feet tall and quite used to manual labor.  They didn't even bother to finish dressing.  They grabbed the three and tossed them in the running showers, fully clothed.

I don't remember those guys even being on campus after that.  I'm sure they were, but they didn't find anything so funny anymore.

So if Trump is "owning the libs" with his convention, and he and all his buddies think it's the funniest thing ever,  I don't think he'll be laughing in November.  Or in January, when he's no longer POTUS.  There's an off-chance he resigns and gets Pence to pardon him, in a Ford/Nixon way.  But if Pence is thinking about 2024:

And I see no reason to assume he isn't; that scenario does him no good at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment