Adventus

"The central doctrine of Christianity, then, is not that God is a bastard. It is, in the words of the late Dominican theologian Herbert McCabe, that if you don’t love you’re dead, and if you do, they’ll kill you."--Terry Eagleton

"It is impossible for me to say in my book one word about all that music has meant in my life. How then can I hope to be understood?--Ludwig Wittgenstein

“The opposite of poverty is not wealth; the opposite of poverty is justice."--Bryan Stevenson

Friday, September 30, 2005

Hurricane Preparations

Odds are, you need to be from Texas, or appreciate that peculiar form of humor known as the "Aggie Joke," to get this.

But I am assured it is an unretouched photo of the bookstore at Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas, readied for the hurricane last week that wasn't.

And the fact it wasn't, isn't the joke.



UPDATE: I have been advised that this is, in fact, the "off-campus" bookstore at TAMU.

Obviously the proprietors are graduates of the University's fine School College of Architecture.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quality articles or reviews is the important to invite the visitors to
go to see the site, that's what this web page is providing.

Visit my web-site sky hd package half price

1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home