Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Just a brief comment on power



What? Hallowe'en is coming! And the new jack o'lanterns haven't been carved yet. Until then, you'll have to make do with last year's.

Why I don't much care for power, especially when combined with religion. Two posts to illustrate the issue: Echidne (via Eschaton) and Pastor Dan (never thought I'd be listing those two side by side). God is a large enough concern in human affairs, and quite enough to worship, without dashing over to the altar of power to see what you can get. Especially since God promises us service if we act in servanthood to the world (I'm working on a sermon from Mark 10:35-45; I've been asked preach at 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. Last Sunday went well, I'd say.). Power only promises to get back to us; when it suits power's purposes.



I still I have soft spot for that one-eyed one.

(Corrected my error, too! You see why I like the one-eyed one.)

No comments:

Post a Comment