Adventus

"The central doctrine of Christianity, then, is not that God is a bastard. It is, in the words of the late Dominican theologian Herbert McCabe, that if you don’t love you’re dead, and if you do, they’ll kill you."--Terry Eagleton

"It is impossible for me to say in my book one word about all that music has meant in my life. How then can I hope to be understood?--Ludwig Wittgenstein

“The opposite of poverty is not wealth; the opposite of poverty is justice."--Bryan Stevenson

Wednesday, November 09, 2016

Best Commentary on the Election Yesterday


And as I said yesterday:  Democracy is about losing.

To all of you who sympathize with my politics, I can only say:  Welcome to Texas.  And you have no idea how sorry I am to say that.

5 Comments:

Blogger trex said...

Does that mean Whattaburger will expand to my northern state? Is that our consolation prize for enduring the grief of the next twenty years? / gallows humor

11:27 AM  
Blogger June Butler said...

It's not just Texas, and it's not just the South. I feel as if my country died yesterday.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Rmj said...

trex--you could do worse. McDonalds, after all, came from California.
June--moi aussi.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Heidi aka Mom said...

I fear rather than our country dying, it only showed it's true underbelly. There is a bit of hope as my little county in TX, Fort Bend, actually turned blue yesterday!! Still it feels like a death not only for us but for the world.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Rmj said...

Dems won in Harris County, too, where I expected them to lose.
Finally, I voted for a winner in Texas!

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home