Friday, November 11, 2016

"Still We Rise"


I know you can read about this everywhere; I'm just a little shocked, is all.

For many Americans across the country, Donald Trump's victory is an outcome they simply refuse to accept.

"Not my president," protesters chanted in rallies coast to coast.

Tens of thousands filled the streets in at least 25 US cities overnight -- with demonstrations outside Trump's properties.
And then there are the Twitter accounts of racism or just fears of it:



That's just two; there are many more.

I'm not old enough to remember the vituperation that met JFK at the airport in Dallas; I'm only old enough to remember the day he died.  Which is not to compare the two events; just the sentiments.

I'm afraid this gets worse before it gets better.  In fact, I'm sure it will.  They are going low; they are going very, very low.  How high are we to go?

No comments:

Post a Comment