Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Congratulate Me!


So I'll congratulate myself!

“It’s too early for me to be congratulated, but we have done a good job,” Trump said. “We’ve saved a lot of lives. Most importantly, we have avoided another costly military intervention that could have led to disastrous far-reaching consequences. Many thousands of people could have been killed.”

At this point, the president then took a series of contradictory shots at Obama by portraying him as both a rabid warmonger and a timid peacenik.

“The last administration said Assad must go,” he said. “They could have easily produced that outcome but they didn’t. In fact, they drew a very powerful red line in the sand. You all remember the red line in the sand when children were gassed and killed but then did not honor their commitment as other children died in the same horrible manner. But I did honor my commitments with 58 Tomahawks!”
And then I told the Kurds to go pound the "blood-stained sand" of Syria!

"Hooray for me! We got our oil, they got their sand!  It's too early for congratulations (or the Nobel Peace Prize I deserve!), but I'll take them anyway!"

No comments:

Post a Comment