Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Oh, well....

Before going any further:

There are those who scoff at the schoolboy, calling him frivolous and shallow: Yet it was the schoolboy who said "Faith is believing what you know ain't so."

I found this first referenced in James' essay on religious belief.  Although I've read Puddn'head Wilson, I'm ashamed to say reading James didn't trigger any memory of it from Twain.  I'm glad to have my ignorance corrected.

Ain't the internet grand?

Meanwhile:
The cracks in everything, as Leonard Cohen observed, is how the light gets in.
Kinda the way I felt listening to Dan Crenshaw yesterday.  Gotta agree with Maggie, too:
I guess finally enough cracks to let the light in?  And how many people's lives did we have to crack to do that, huh?

I'd like to say the walls are coming down; but maybe that's just on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment