Monday, September 14, 2020

Lemming of the B.D.A.

I went to my dentist today. First time in a year. Canceled the last appointment because of COVID. He has all new staff (the prior staff were old enough to decide the risk was too high). I had to sign a statement that I had no symptoms or exposure risks. He wore two masks and a face shield.

And I got in the car to come home and heard about a Facebook page (of course) calling for everyone to just take off their masks on a date agreed, and refuse to put them on again. My dentist is self-quarantining from his high school son, to protect his son and his patients. The doctor on the radio program expressed regret that people don’t think of protecting the vulnerable. I knew what she meant.

As my dentist said while we were talking, we have these devices in our pockets (I’m typing on mine right now) that make us experts on everything.  Ain’t technology grand?

And then I watched this:
Would these same people object to a teacher smoking in the classroom? Coming to class with an infectious disease? Behaving in any kind of unsafe manner around their kids?

Is public health really that tricky a concept? And who plants their young child in front of a news camera to film the ransom video?

No comments:

Post a Comment