Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Another Reason I Gave Up Cable

I’ve already lost one TeeVee to early planned obsolescence, and another to lightning ⚡️ strike. (Thank the lords and the low creatures for Costco!). Travel now plunges me into cable hell, where the only stations worth watching are local PBS (unless they’re on a fund-raiser, or worse, a British costume drama marathon), or cable news, none of which is worth watching for more than 15 minutes because THERE ISN’T THAT MUCH NEWS!!!!

And I’m comfortable watching re-run channels on digital broadcast, like my nightly hour of the Three Stooges (I’ve come to appreciate Curly as an under appreciated comic genius). Cable doesn’t want that because it’s the reason cable is losing customers. Well, that and streaming.

Anyway, I won’t miss the “debates” a bit. Besides, I’ll get the “good” parts on Xitter.

1 comment:

  1. WHAT THE HELL DO YOU HAVE AGAINST BRITISH COSTUME DRAMAS, YOU PHILISTINE?!

    ReplyDelete