Tuesday, April 23, 2024

The Reviews Are In!

"Thousands of people were turned away from the Courthouse in Lower Manhattan by steel stanchions and police, literally blocks from the tiny side door from where I enter and leave," Trump wrote. "It is an armed camp to keep people away.”
"Maggot Hagerman of The Failing New York Times, falsely reported that I was disappointed with the crowds," Trump declared. "No, I’m disappointed with Maggot, and her lack of writing skill, and that some of these many police aren’t being sent to Columbia and NYU to keep the schools open and the students safe. The Legal Scholars call the case a Scam that should never have been brought. I call it Election Interference and a personal hit job by a conflicted and corrupt Judge who shouldn’t be allowed to preside over this Political Hoax. New York Justice is being reduced to ashes, and the World is breathlessly watching. Hopefully, Appellate Courts can save it, and all of the companies that are fleeing to other jurisdictions. They can no longer take a chance on New York Justice!"
Funny thing, they don’t have to try very hard. Especially when you’re doing the work for them. 🀷🏻‍♂️ 
The five hour days are the worst part.  (I regularly go 7-8 hours between breakfast and dinner without eating. It can be done!) Even I’m not that old. Except Trump is only making that claim in the media. Let’s see if he raises it in the courtroom. (Pro-tip: it would require Trump’s testimony. But it’s also not remotely a defense to the charges. So all Trump’s testimony would do is ruin his credibility.) Projection is a really harsh mistress.
I read that Blanche (who is forever now Seamy Todd to me) was looking forward to this trial giving a big boost to his private legal career. I'd really love to know what he was doing in his time at SNDY, which I think should be investigated for a number of issues. I wonder if he was part of the faction that sandbagged Hillary Clinton or did similar things from that rogue branch of the DoJ.

You put me in mind of Jarrell’s “Death of the Ball Turret Gunner.” I read a footnote to it once that said the hose mentioned there was a steam hose. It seems an apt metaphor for Blanche’s career after Trump.

1 comment:

  1. I read that Blanche (who is forever now Seamy Todd to me) was looking forward to this trial giving a big boost to his private legal career. I'd really love to know what he was doing in his time at SNDY, which I think should be investigated for a number of issues. I wonder if he was part of the faction that sandbagged Hillary Clinton or did similar things from that rogue branch of the DoJ.

    ReplyDelete