Monday, October 14, 2024

Alright, I’ll Bite: Or, Defending The Indefensible

I'm a governor of a state that is not near the southern border and yet I see the impacts of 10 million people illegally coming across the border," he said. "Every single day, five Virginians die on average from fentanyl overdose." 
"Obviously there is a border crisis," said Tapper. "Obviously there are too many criminals who should not be in this country and they should be jailed and deported completely. But that's not what I'm talking about, because he was talking about 'sick people,' 'radical left lunatics' who should be handled by the National Guard or the military. And then later on in that same speech, he said that one of the 'lunatics' he addressed was Congressman Adam Schiff. That's who he is talking about using the National Guard and military against: 'radical left lunatics,' 'enemy from within,' people like Adam Schiff." 
"Again, Jake, I don't think that, and again, I can't speak for him, but I do — I do think that you are misinterpreting and misrepresenting his thoughts," said Youngkin. "I do believe, again, it's all around the fact that we have had an unprecedented number of illegal immigrants come over the border in an unconstrained, unrestrained fashion. The Biden-Harris administration has allowed it to happen ... I don't think that he's referring to elected people in America." 
"But I'm literally reading his quotes," protested Tapper. "I'm literally reading his quotes to you. And I played them earlier, so you could hear that they were not made up by me. He's literally talking about quote, 'radical left lunatics' and then one of those lunatics he addressed, he mentioned, was Congressman Adam Schiff. Criminals should be locked up, migrants who are in this country illegally, who are violent, should be locked up and deported. I grant you all of that, and I am not denying that it's happening at all. I'm talking about Donald Trump saying that he wants to use the National Guard and the military to go after the left. That's what he's saying." 
"I don't — I don't believe that's what he's saying," insisted Youngkin. "I played the quote and I read it to you," said Tapper, practically shouting as he visibly lost patience. "You can wish that he weren't saying that, but that's what he's saying."
Currently, China remains the primary source of fentanyl and fentanyl-related substances trafficked through international mail and express consignment operations environment, as well as the main source for all fentanyl-related substances trafficked into the United States.
DEA.

Cartels in Mexico also smuggle fentanyl from China into America. If you believe they do that by making random people trying to get to America carry large quantities and tell them to ask for Jose when they get here (after Border Patrol lets you go), I’ve got some land in southern Louisiana perfect for a homesite. Trust me, it isn’t swampland. And the deed printed out on my printer is perfectly legal.

Because you must be that stupid.

The funny part is Youngkin trying desperately to keep Trump’s xenophobic racism alive, even as the issue of immigration isn’t that important right now. Nor is inflation; not transition surgeries (I saw a variation of that run here in Texas, over School  bathrooms. 🚽 Even down here, it didn’t go anywhere.).
 
Youngkin is just pathetic.

And no, Jake Tapper, there isn’t a border crisis. Even FoxNews hasn’t been able to drum up a “caravan” in years.

No comments:

Post a Comment