Tuesday, July 21, 2026

I Would Say The Senate Is Finding Its Spine…

...but that would be too much. (Sen. Leghorn wants something he can spin as a “straight answer.”) Didn’t Maria Bartiromo ask that question? Sen. Murray is more satisfied with non-straight answers; because she knows Kegsbreath looks like a fool.
Reed: Your fallback to the Biden administration is just a very obvious excuse for what I think is probably gross negligence. You did not fully inform the president that you would be in a situation where the Strait of Hormuz could be effectively closed.

Hegseth: The fact that those contingencies all were part of the possibility, and we understood that is all the more reason why president trump deserves the kind of praise he should get.

Reed: He should be praised for starting war without authority, creating a situation in which the world economy is suffering tremendously?
See? It’s rope-a-dope.
HEGSETH: I appreciate as much as anyone winning a war, but I sit in front of a committee that wants to talk about winning a war that's been going for four years, and talks about strategic defeat in a conflict that's been going on for four months to prevent Iran from getting a nuclear bomb

SHAHEEN: I don't want to hear your speech
Something Obama accomplished without starting a war, depleting our military resources, losing control of the Strait of Hormuz, and endangering the world economy. The CIA started it 73 years ago, genius. The Shah was so oppressive Khomeini looked like a better bet 26 years later.
Hegseth keeps saying that the goal of the war is to stop Iran from developing a nuclear weapon ... and yet, Iran's ability to develop a nuclear weapon is UNCHANGED since last summer, when the US joined Israel in attacking Iran's nuclear program. Our current military strikes are focused almost exclusively on preventing Iran from closing the Straits of Hormuz -- not destroying Iran's nuclear program.

Hegseth is straight up lying. It would be nice if Senate Democrats pointed that out.
Fair point. Although I wouldn’t say this is helping: Yeah, Kegsbreath is not helping, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment