Monday, August 01, 2022

Ghouls ðŸŠĶ

I'm in danger of turning this into a hobby horse I can't dismount.  But I don't care about the topic; I care about the meaningless and continuous return to the scene of this crime,  like a dog returning to eat its own shit.

First, thankfully, the "tax researcher" tweet popped up on "Bad Legal Takes," to the confusion of many.  That's fine.  Their confusion arises from ignorance about the law, and the idea that when I buried my pet hamster in 8th grade in the backyard, I'd created a Pet Sematary.  (Of course, I did no such thing.)

Cemeteries in NJ, as in all states, are creatures of law, and can exist under law without or without filled graves.  Being creatures of law, they can only exist within the boundaries of applicable law.  I can't dump on Dana Milbank very much because his column is behind a paywall.  But for pity's sake, dude, your own paper covered this 5 years ago!  Read the flippin' archives!  Hell, just do a Google search!  Or a Twitter search, it's all over the place right now.  If you had I don't think you'd really have anything to say now.

Is it a grift?  Yeah, most likely.  Is it his latest?  Well, technically it's about 15 years old (I'm too lazy to even look up my own post from two days ago.  "About" is close enough.), which stretches "latest" quite a bit, especially considering LIV at Deadminster just ended Sunday.*

Anyway, can we all leave this alone now?  Pontificating and opinionating on stupid shit just makes you look stupid (raises hand).  But that's one of the curses of the internet:  it makes us realize how stupid we all are.

Or worse, it makes us refuse to realize that salient fact.  I think that's what really bothers me.


*I know it looks like an unmarked grave, but have these "experts" on Twitter ever seen a new grave?  The headstone/marker/what have you is always placed weeks, even months, after the burial.  It can take that long to decide what it should look like, what it should say, and who should make it/install  it.  Only in movies is the grave covered in grass and decorated with a lovely monument with the date of death two days after the funeral.  I don't like Trump either, but that's no excuse to be as stupid as he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment