Friday, April 14, 2006

Good Friday, 2006

My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?

O my God, I cry in the daytime, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent.

But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.

Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them.

They cried unto thee, and were delivered: they trusted in thee, and were not confounded.

But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people.

All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying,

He trusted on the Lord that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him.

But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts.

I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother's belly.

Be not far from me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help.

Many bulls have compassed me: strong bulls of Bashan have beset me round.

They gaped upon me with their mouths, as a ravening and a roaring lion.

I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.

My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death.

For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.

I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me.

They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.

But be not thou far from me, O Lord: O my strength, haste thee to help me.

Deliver my soul from the sword; my darling from the power of the dog.

Save me from the lion's mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns.

I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee.

Ye that fear the Lord, praise him; all ye the seed of Jacob, glorify him; and fear him, all ye the seed of Israel.

For he hath not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; neither hath he hid his face from him; but when he cried unto him, he heard.

My praise shall be of thee in the great congregation: I will pay my vows before them that fear him.

The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the Lord that seek him: your heart shall live for ever.

All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the Lord: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee.

For the kingdom is the Lord's: and he is the governor among the nations.

All they that be fat upon earth shall eat and worship: all they that go down to the dust shall bow before him: and none can keep alive his own soul.

A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.

They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this.

11 comments:

  1. Did someone recently compose this? or is it being quoted from an old source?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could never think of such a thing is possible with it...I think you have a great knowledge especially while dealings with such subjects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Psalm. It really touches my heart and soul. Cant help thinking of my wrong deeds and how Great my God is. I'm not a religious person but it still touches my heart. Awesome work cant thank you enough. I Learn to Play Guitar when I was in grade school and I want to share it with others too.The way you share your beliefs and Psalms of Praise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Polo-Tops.com is a personal online shop that offers a wide range selection of affordable and fashionable men and women’s designer polo, polo shirt, ralph lauren polo, lacoste t-shirts and lacoste polo. Visit us online to avail of some discount and promotion. Orders more than £50 could be free shipped.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading your post make me stop for a while and read it again and again. Its content has some value and inspire me to be the best in what I'm doing. And glorify the Almighty in all my works.
    Automated Forex Trading
    Forex Trading Software
    Be An Expert Trader

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree that everything that is new looks strange, you made me smile huh! phentermine 37.5

    ReplyDelete
  7. Posh limo services in memphis tn takes great pride in servicing our clients. Best limousine
    company in Memphis.Posh limo services in Memphis tn has never had any complaint's since we
    opened in 2000. We are very proud of this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your website. Thank you for great information. I will come back to your website again.

    best regards

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This can be one of the most beneficial blogs we have ever come across on the subject. Basically great post! I am also an expert in this topic therefore I can understand your effort..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I mean it really looks interesting! Very nice write up. Anyways, its a Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow amazing thing can be seen here..

    ReplyDelete