Friday, November 03, 2017

L'etat, c'est moi!


In case it wasn't clear Trump is just trolling the country....

Trump has been busy making it all about Trump:

President Donald Trump made an appearance on Larry O’Connor’s radio show where he lamented his inability to control the many investigations into possible collusion or possible obstruction of justice.

“The saddest thing is because I’m president of the United States I’m not supposed to be involved with the Justice Department, the FBI, doing the kinds of things that I would love to be doing and I’m very frustrated by it,” Trump told O’Connor.

But found at TPM that I missed the fruity context:

“The saddest thing is that because I’m the President of the United States I’m not supposed to be involved with the Justice Department, I’m not supposed to be involved with the FBI, I’m not supposed to be doing the kinds of things I would love to be doing and I’m very frustrated by it. I look at what’s happening with the Justice Department, why aren’t they going after Hillary Clinton with her emails and with the dossier and the kind of money…?”

"I," "I," "I."  It's all about Trump and what Trump can't do and should be able to do, especially to take attention away from Mueller's investigation.   Why can't the President do what the President wants to do?

"... it's very discouraging to me, I'll be honest, I'm very unhappy with it that the Justice Department isn't going—now maybe they are but you know as president, you're not supposed to be involved in that process but hopefully they are doing something and maybe at some point we can all have it out."

That would certainly make him feel better, and after all, isn't that what government is all about?  But before we get too deep into any controversy involving Hillary Clinton, let's examine his ideas on immigration:

"It's just common sense, these countries aren't giving us their finest people. So when they put them in the lottery, if they even do a fair lottery, they probably don't do that they probably just hand us people that they don't want like this character, this animal, this horror show that just came in and did this horrible damage [in New York]...."

"We're supposed to take people that the rest of the world doesn't want and we're supposed to say it's a lovely event, it's not going to happen that way anymore with me."

Trump doesn't understand immigration policy, in gross or in fine, so that means the country is being taken advantage of (just like NAFTA and anything else he doesn't understand, which is almost everything about government).  He doesn't understand that individuals apply for visas to this country, they aren't selected by foreign governments, and he can't seem to wrap his head around the idea this immigrant was here for 7 years before he went homicidal.  The shooter in Las Vegas was born here, but somehow he's not "this animal, this horror show that....did this horrible damage."

The man is just as senseless and ignorant as a young child.  A spoiled brat of a young child.  Which, it turns out,  is a frightening thing in a President:

“Let me tell you, the one that matters is me, I’m the only one that matters,” Trump said. “Because when it comes to it, that’s what the policy is going to be,” he said. “We don’t need all the people that they want,” he said. “Don’t forget, I’m a business person and I tell my people, ‘Well, you don’t need to fill slots, don’t fill them.’” Without naming names, Trump also said there are “some people” whose “thinking process” he is not pleased with.

He is, you see, the only one that matters.  Which is why he's tweeting this today:

I wonder if the indictments will refer to "Pocahontas" and "Crooked Hillary"?  And while we're wondering, let's add:  just how dumb is Donald Trump?  Well, remember when he told the Russians he fired Comey because of the collusion investigation?

 Mine, too, actually.  



3 comments:

  1. Though I disagree with former Republican representative David Jolly of Florida on just about every political policy, he's a formidable ally against Trump. His tweet on Trump's 11 minute lockout from Twitter is the best.

    "Just gonna say it, the employee at Twitter who shut off Trump's account for 11 mins could become a candidate for the Nobel Peace Prize."

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like Trump clearly stated he would like to be King or Dictator of the USA. But we already knew that. That's why so many of our fellow citizens voted for him.
    And what June Butler said!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to french kiss that employee that deleted his account.

    ReplyDelete