Sunday, August 30, 2020

Name A Big City In South Dakota

Hell, name a city in South Dakota. I’ll wait (Google is for cheaters). An urban area. Anything.

Gov. Roem wrote a long thread complaining about the Mayor if Seattle (yeah, I dunno why, either. Washington doesn’t even border in South Dakota). Apparently murders are up in big cities. Given the state of the economy from the forced lockdowns, I’m not surprised. How that is all the fault of non-Republican mayors is a bit beyond me, especially since GOP leaders are not responsible for anything! Just ask them.

As for mobs running rampant, the only violence in those “mobs” has come from government/police forces, or from professed Trump supporters. (Damage to buildings bothers me far less than damage to people, but neither do I excuse it.) And what violence does occur is in direct, or indirect, response to police violence, which is always against people. So “stop the violence” needs to start with the police. Supposedly we have more control over them.

Yet Gov. Noem wants to encourage police violence.  Maybe because she does have control over them?

No comments:

Post a Comment