Thursday, August 27, 2020

Actually, this is what's offensive


Actually, this is what's offensive:

“Should we talk about the lunatic who shot up Steve Scalise and a bunch of other members of Congress three years ago?” she exclaimed.

“Or the guy who drove through the crowd in Charlottesville?” Johns said, pointing to a white supremacist who murdered a protester.

“You talk about that plenty but I don’t ever hear you mentioning the other guy,” Conway complained. 

Would that be because the "other guy" is not a professed supporter of the POTUS?

“In other words, are we going to this game where we look at who somebody supports or what color hat they wear to a rally and somehow make us all responsible because I can do that. I can talk about lots of people who have been guests on CNN.”

Which makes CNN responsible for violence?  How does that work, exactly?  "I know you are, but what am I?" is a taunt for a schoolyard, not a representative of the White House.

“It would be pretty easy to say, ‘Hey, I don’t want my supporters participating in violence,'” Johns observed.

“He doesn’t want anybody participating in violence!” Conway insisted. “That’s why he is calling for law and order, respecting the police, saying, we’re not going to defund the police ever.”

Except when he explicitly calls for violence:  against people on the street, against mayors of "Democrat" cities, etc.  The issue is really a pretty simple one:

And we're back to the issue:  violence against buildings v. violence against people.  Which is the more concerning?
Bonus points when the shooter is a white guy?  Speaking of Kenosha, I think we're starting to identify the problem:

I wonder if it's too late to get this guy a speaking slot at the RNC?

No comments:

Post a Comment