Saturday, October 03, 2026

🌊

Gee, I wonder why: Strait of Hormuz live tracker: 1 transit in 24 hours. 147 ships waiting to transit. Status of strait: closed for 217 days. Before the war, 120 to 140 ships traveled the Strait daily.
Trump’s past 24 hours of desperation:

— posts Sen. Tom Cotton’s cellphone number and tells people to call him over daylight saving time
— again tries to scam voters with fraudulent promises $5,000 checks to every adult citizen if Republicans win the House and Senate
— says if Democrats win it will be “a 1929 disaster” and an economic depression, essentially admitting he believes his term will lead to a Great Depression
— tells a Mobile, Alabama rally to close their eyes and “pretend I’m on the ballot”
— says he’s giving $100 checks to 20 million seniors
I don’t know why he thinks year-round DST will earn him any plaudits.* If he hates changing the clock that much, just eliminate DST. That would probably be slightly more popular.  Either way, it’s not going to preserve a GOP Congress.


*It seems he thinks it will control the sun; it will change the tilt of the earth:
“I don’t know about anyone else, but a table full of very distinguished people just told me that they HATE, immediately after a mandatory time change, going home at night – and it’s DARK,” Trump wrote.
He really does think this is a big issue in November. 🤷‍♂️

I lived in Chicago for a year. I got up in the dark in winter, and went home in the dark. On the Gulf Coast, I’d get in the dark, and go home (if I wasn’t retired) … in the dark. It’s called “winter..” It happens in the northern hemisphere as well as the southern (well, when you get to Antarctica). It’s why we have lights. All DST does in winter is make us get up earlier in the dark. Not too bad in summer; but terrible in winter.

It’s bad enough Hallowe’en takes longer to get dark; now he wants to fuck with Christmas Eve?

And we can eliminate that despair after the time change by just…eliminating DST! Win-win! (Because I agree: adjusting to winter is that much harder when you mess with the clocks. So stay on God’s time, the way Greenwich intended.)

Loser.

No comments:

Post a Comment