Sunday, January 13, 2019

Not really a denial

Neither this one:
“I’m going to ask you: Are you now or have you ever worked for Russia, Mr. President?” Pirro asked.

“I think it’s the most insulting thing I’ve ever been asked. I think it’s the most insulting article I’ve ever had written!” Trump said in response.

Trump them mischaracterized the Times report.

“If you read that article you would see they found absolutely nothing,” he said. “But the headline of that article? It’s called the failing New York Times for a reason. They’ve gotten me wrong for three years. They’ve actually gotten me wrong for many years before that.”

“They really are a disaster of a newspaper,” Trump said.


Nor this one :

“What is your reaction to this?” Brennan asked Pompeo.

“I’m not going to comment on New York Times stories,” Pompeo replied dismissively. “But I’ll certainly say this: The notion that President Trump is a threat to national security is absolutely ludicrous.”

Brennan reminded Pompeo that he was CIA director at the time Trump was allegedly being investigated.

“Did you have any idea that this investigation was happening?” the CBS host pressed.

“Margaret, Margaret, Margaret,” Pompeo chuckled. “I’ve answered this question repeatedly, indeed on your show. The idea that’s contained in the New York Times story that President Trump was a threat to American national security is silly on its face and not worthy of a response.”

Is a denial that Trump is a Russian agent or under Russian influence.  Trump has no problem saying "No" to Pelosi and Schumer:  why can't he say it to Pirro?  And an allegation this serious, one that has to involve the highest members of the DOJ just to begin the investigation, is hardly "silly on its face."

Unless it's also true.

No comments:

Post a Comment