Friday, January 25, 2019

While waiting for word on the shutdown...

and:  Look!  Over there!  Reporters!
But this has nothing to do with the White House, right, Mr. President?

(And no, Dershowitz's argument doesn't make sense to me.  A criminal indictment rests on facts.  Obstruction of justice and witness tampering rests on the larger narrative, not just the specific facts of the alleged crime.  The distinction between facts and "narrative" and criminality is a completely false one.  This indictment doesn't prove a conspiracy beyond what is charged against Stone; but it doesn't stand apart from any conspiracy charges, either.)

Context is all.

1 comment:

  1. There was a time I'd have expected a celebrity lawyer to at least have a higher standard than the likes of Huckabee-Sanders or Trump but I guess I'd have considered The Dersh to be their equivalent for a while now.

    I'm kind of disappointed, I want to see Stone being perp-walked.

    ReplyDelete