Wednesday, October 28, 2020

It Just Got Weird Enough For Me--Wait, It's A Trend!

This is somewhere below infantile, and just above absolute gibberish. Barely above. Who talks like this past about 7th grade? Even on the playground we all knew how empty this was. In a 75 year old man, it's not just pathetic it's....Yeah, I dunno, this is just demented.  No, this is a man running out of ideas and just spewing words because he doesn't know what else to do.

How the hell did we ever make this fool the POTUS?

Or this woman a U.S. Senator?
Because, you know, that's what should happen to employees of private companies who don't show the proper obeisance to U.S. Senators. Meanwhile pot continues to complain about darkness of kettle: Oh, no, it gets worse: Not really sure even that many people find him funny (he says it was 29,000 in Omaha he stranded in the cold; reports are it was only 6000.  Why he wants to make it worse is another mystery, but I don't think even 63 million want to vote for him.).  I really think we should be able to vote twice against this baboon. Or at least have some kind of "weighted" vote that counts for more than one vote against a person this stupid and ignorant and still the incumbent (no, I don't know how the "weighted choice" voting system works, but I'm willing to learn. I just want to put as much emphasis on repudiating Donald Trump and all of his works and all of his empty promises as I possibly can.).  Although I do have to say (apropos of almost nothing else in this post, I suppose): This is just more nonsense from the other direction.  Abolition. The Civil War. The populist movement of the post-war era. The labor struggle for things we take for granted, like minimum wage, weekends, 40 hour work weeks. The Spanish flu epidemic. The Great Depression.  World Wars I and II. Vietnam. The Civil Rights movement. The '60's in general. If you think 4 years of Trump, the culmination of an effort that began when Goldwater failed (in 1964, look it up!), "America will never be the same," you are too young for this ride.

Or too ignorant of history.  Again, apropos of nothing (or at least not where I started), I'll add this:

I'm just going off the tweet, not the article; but AOC gives me hope that politicians will arise whose concern is for the common good, not the good of their pocket books and their providers.  She gives me concrete hope that the democracy this is supposed to be, still can be.  Not that she's the one who'll bring it; but that she'll remind us what government of the people, for the people, and by the people, can look like.

The rest, as ever, is up to us.

1 comment:

  1. Exactly. And that highlights the fact that that, while our opponents are betting it all on voting in one person, we are betting it all on voting itself.

    ReplyDelete