Monday, October 26, 2020

139 Seconds

I'm not in the habit of watching "60 Minutes" (I was about 4 decades ago, but time passes), so I missed their version of the Trump interview.  I can't say I really missed it because I've seen enough of Trump to last me a lifetime by now (maybe two).  Still, a little context to what that clip shows:

Mary Trump is my touchstone for psychiatric/psychological insight into Trump, and even then I don't pretend I have any expertise in that field. I think of Trump as a whackaloon, which I'm sure is a very scientific category of loonie. Still, it's clear to me something is coming apart: call it naricissistic rage, call it decompensation, call it complete and absolute incompetence (my preferred analysis). Trump is coming apart like a cheap suit in the rain. And frankly, he's President until at least January 20, 2021; so this is not comforting.

Greg Sargent says Lesley Stahl asked "tough questions":
But frankly, I disagree; and I have examples: "Liberal media," donchaknow? Come to think of it, that's part of the reason I quit watching "60 Minutes."

No comments:

Post a Comment