Thursday, September 03, 2026

“Will You Survive On The Ocean Of Being?”

 The Lovely Wife is out for an hour, so I get to crank Genesis as loud as I like.

My stereo is hardly optimal, but it has a subwoofer (drives the LW nuts. Shakes the walls, she says. That’s the point, says I. Especially when it’s Thorvaldsdottir’s piece we heard in concert, with a contrabassoon soloist. Did I mention I played the bassoon in junior high and high school? My nerd privilege was earned, mf’ers!) Then I turn it down.

But now she’s gone, and I can feel the bass line in my chest. The way God intended it!

Me and the Winkler and walking across the living room to turn the television off, at volume that prohibits speech and rattles the rib cage. Life is good.

I’m too old to apply apologize for my musical tastes. 😈


Human πŸ₯“ (IYKYK)

No comments:

Post a Comment