Thursday, September 01, 2005

In a refugee crisis

the likes of which this country hasn't seen since the Civil War or the forced migration of the Native Americans, why is our President channeling Nietzsche?

"This is going to be a difficult road," Bush said from the Rose Garden. "The challenges that we face on the ground are unprecedented. But there's no doubt in my mind we're going to succeed. Right now the days seem awfully dark for those affected. I understand that. But I'm confident that, with time, you can get your life back in order, new communities will flourish, the great city of New Orleans will be back on its feet, and America will be a stronger place for it."


I'm just not sure this is the time for: "That which does not destroy me, makes me stronger."

No comments:

Post a Comment