Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Say What?

Our military is low on parts, pay and morale. This administration had its chance.
....
They have not led. We will.

America has a strong economy and a surplus. We have the public resources and the public will -- even the bipartisan opportunities -- to strengthen Social Security and repair Medicare.

But this administration -- during eight years of increasing need -- did nothing.

They had their moment. They have not led. We will.
....
Our nation's leaders are responsible ... to confront problems, not pass them on to others.

And to lead this nation to a responsibility era, a president himself must be responsible.

And so, when I put my hand on the Bible, I will swear to not only uphold the laws of our land, I will swear to uphold the honor and dignity of the office to which I have been elected, so help me God.

I believe the presidency -- the final point of decision in the American government -- was made for great purposes.
And the greatest purpose is: not to be responsible for anything that happens while I'm President. Ever.

George W. Bush. August 3, 2000.

No comments:

Post a Comment