Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Shot...

Chaser. My Nest just informed me that the local power company wants to control my thermostat from 2:15 to 6:15, to keep the grid from collapsing or something.  But hey, the Governor's telling the President to back the f*ck off!  (Even though, as a lawyer, Abbott knows the question of the 10th Amendment is decided by the Courts, not the President. More waving of the stone that keeps the elephants away because the rubes are, well....rubes.)  So everything is fine deep in the heart o' Texas, right? Well, maybe not.  But speaking of rubes and the people who fleece them: I have no idea what this means.  It sounds like something out of Powell/Woods/Lindell land, but I've never heard of a conspiracy theory involving Zuckerberg and the elections in Texas (where Republicans won almost everything, so how did Zuckerberg influence the elections?  And isn't that what campaigns do?  And campaign contributions?).  I did google "Zuckerbucks" and almost all of the responses looked like websites I didn't want to expose my computer to.  It does match nicely with this, though: It's all okay. Best I can tell "Zuckerbucks" was rumored to be Facebook's entry into cryptocurrency (maybe that's true) and now it's defined by the Urban Dictionary as money earned by selling data collected from users of on-line services; but there seems to be a conspiracy theory that Zuckerberg is using "Zuckerbucks" to...influence elections?

The whole thing seems to kinda fall apart there.  It's interesting this tweet was so nuts that nobody wanted to pick it up and explain it.  WaPo mentions it in an article on Florida's new voting restrictions, at least according to Google.  WaPo is behind a paywall, so I can't confirm.  The rest of the entries just, again, look like places I don't want my browser to go.

Still, nice to see the Gov. is concerned with matters foremost on the minds of Texans.  Wonder how long it'll be until Abbott tweets "where we go one...."?

No comments:

Post a Comment