Sunday, June 19, 2022

No Sympathy At All. Sincerely.

I've mentioned this before: during Covid local NPR station ran a call-in show to disseminate information and answer questions. I tuned in one day to hear a crackpot shouting and screaming and foaming at the mouth (a real trick on radio), and pitied the host for catching the crazy caller o’ the day.

Turned out he was the guest. 

Turned out it was the freshman representative Dan Crenshaw trying to out-Cruz Cruz. 

I’ve seen him do similar things since.

The only good thing I can say about him is that redistricting means he’s not going to represent me anymore. He’ll be the plague of some other district now.
Well, almost some sympathy. No one needs to be treated that way. Still: lie down with dogs, get up with fleas. Crenshaw chose this, ab initio. He thought he could ride the tiger, and now it is eating him.

The GOP is forming a circular firing squad. How can one not enjoy that?

No comments:

Post a Comment