Sunday, June 19, 2022

Trump Watch, Or: Confusion To Our Enemies!

And the statement also reflected steps Mr. Trump is taking behind the scenes to build a new legal team to deal with an array of investigations, including into his pressure campaign to change the outcome of the election in Georgia and his taking classified documents with him when he left office," the newspaper reported. "M. Evan Corcoran, a white-collar defense lawyer and former federal prosecutor brought on by Mr. Trump, was involved in drafting the document, according to two people briefed on the matter. Mr. Corcoran has also represented Stephen K. Bannon, a Trump ally who has been indicted by the Justice Department for refusing to cooperate with the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack."
I’m sorry I missed this. I can’t imagine what the defense is.

But I’m not reading 12 pages to find out. 

(The defense, by the way, is that Trump didn’t know what he was doing was illegal. I’m not sure how they prove that without putting Trump on the stand.  I’m more sure it’s not much of a defense.)
"Fuck the law" is not the legal defense some people think it is. I’m sorry I missed that.

No, I'm not. Where Trump’s soul went, and what it did when it got there.
Proving once again his fitness for office. And that I was right about his soul. Damning with faint praise. Not Trump direct, but Trump adjacent. Also proof that saying it doesn’t make it so. But then, so is this: "The heart is devious, beyond all understanding. Who can fathom it?"

Or: “A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest.”

I wonder if Stanley Kubrick came back from the dead to fake the hearings?

No comments:

Post a Comment