Monday, June 20, 2022

Vintage Photos*

Needless to say, Prof. Vladeck wasn’t even a zygote in 1971. And there weren’t any women on the high court that year.

It was a different time. Not better; just different.

He has trouble imagining it. I don’t miss it a bit.

But what interests me is that Roe was argued in 1971, and the opinion was handed down in 1973.

I suppose the lesson is: creation is a slow process, and difficult; destruction is fast and easy.


*Most of the internet ads I see for websites promise “vintage photos” for “adult audiences.” The photos are always from the’60’s or ‘70’s, at the oldest. And always just publicity stills or news photos. I guess we were racier back then? 🀷‍♂️ But “vintage”? What am I, wine? (The first person to answer: “No, vinegar.” wins a divinely inspired No-Prize.)

No comments:

Post a Comment