Under J. Edgar, the FBI “Most Wanted” list was a publicity stunt. The faces that appeared on it were people the FBI was about to arrest, which is pretty much what made them “Most Wanted.”What @AAGMcDonald means is there ABSOLUTELY is a safe refuge, and it's one most of them visit on a weekly basis: The White House.
— EU says Elon should not lie abt my blue check (@emptywheel) September 7, 2026
Trump's fraud is FAR FAR FAR larger than this one. But the fraudulent Fraud Task Force is designed to distract you from the crimes happening in plain… https://t.co/JYYpajBpyk
Hoover made sure it got in the news, too. And it became a standard of FBI excellence. A fairly hollow standard that the FBI finally quit publicizing and, when traffic at post offices decreased, even quit posting there. (I remember seeing them at post offices from childhood on, but I haven’t seen one now for decades.)
And now it’s back, functioning just like it did when J. Edgar started it. The only difference is, the FBI is publicizing it on Twitter. Which just convinces me that 99% of the country doesn’t know what Xitter is.
I mean, I find it useful (obviously), but in modern comic book movie/TeeVee terms, Xitter is a pocket universe.
No comments:
Post a Comment