Thursday, August 31, 2023

Closed For Repairs

 


Xitter finally stopped me.

I seem to recall some public threat from Elmo to shut down Xitter threads that don’t xweet; and I don’t. I’ve no interest at all in finding my voice on another platform. There’s a brutal struggle for authenticity/authority on any newcomer, real Lord of the Flies stuff, and I’m not that interested.

I started out using Twitter because I was (am) doing much of this on my phone, and it was (is) hard to embed links, especially on a virtual keyboard my fingers are too big for. Embedding tweets was easier. I also developed the custom of adding pictures to my posts. Tweets usually had pictures, so that was easier, too.

At first I didn’t need a Twitter account to embed tweets; and then I did. And now even that’s not enough, so I haven’t left Xitter, Xitter has left me. So it goes.

It mostly means I’ll have to type more and string together xweets less (i.e., not at all). Which is fine; that was turning into a dead end anyway. The main thing is, I’ll have to rely on the keyboard more, because this tiny virtual keyboard sux.

Until then (I have to start writing again!), I’ll leave you with this, gleaned from re-watching “The Big Short” last night. “The truth is like poetry. And most people hate poetry.”

And this thought, relative to social structures, economic systems, even ideas of government (and raised by the movie): if it’s fraud but we agree it’s true anyway, is it really fraud?

I’ve not begun to be through with that.


No comments:

Post a Comment