Tuesday, November 21, 2023

πŸ¦ƒ


 This is a very big deal on FixNews, mostly from Chaffetz.
Chaffetz: We went to go buy a turkey today. It was $90! It’s all a choice by Joe Biden.
Twitter, as is its wont, pushed back:
“Turkey costs per pound fell to $1.25 in September 2023, down 43 cents from a year earlier, according to the most recent data available from the U.S. Department of Agriculture.” 
Unless the turkey he bought was 70 pounds, this turkey overpaid for his turkey.
Chaffetz obviously pushed back, too. But the turkey he chose to bolster his statement is one of the most expensive available. It’s almost $5.00 a pound and an almost 23 lb. bird, which is over half again the size of any turkey I’ve ever cooked. I’m not even sure a turkey that large would fit in my oven. It would so crowd my oven, and take so long to cook, I wouldn’t want to try.

But aside from the sheer stupidity of this, I learned this today:


Which somehow seems relevant, even though Diestel hasn’t cornered the market on turkeys this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment