Adventus

"The central doctrine of Christianity, then, is not that God is a bastard. It is, in the words of the late Dominican theologian Herbert McCabe, that if you don’t love you’re dead, and if you do, they’ll kill you."--Terry Eagleton

"It is impossible for me to say in my book one word about all that music has meant in my life. How then can I hope to be understood?--Ludwig Wittgenstein

“The opposite of poverty is not wealth; the opposite of poverty is justice."--Bryan Stevenson

Sunday, August 21, 2016

War on Xmas started early this year....


Of course you know, this means war!

6 Comments:

Blogger The Thought Criminal said...

Oh,good heavens, no. Not until at least December 15. And that's pushing it. I'm not even ready for Labor Day.

2:10 PM  
Blogger trex said...

Merry Yule!

[Opening up a whole new front in the war on Christmas...]

6:56 PM  
Blogger ntodd said...

I like starting the Xmas movie binge watching before Halloween.

7:25 PM  
Blogger The Thought Criminal said...

Three years ago I was exposed to several of the worst movies ever made, Christmas movies, as seen on the Hallmark cable network. I hope I never have to spend Christmas season time in a hospital waiting room, ever again. I felt like going to the roof and jumping.

3:20 PM  
Blogger The Thought Criminal said...

Three years ago I was exposed to several of the worst movies ever made, Christmas movies, as seen on the Hallmark cable network. I hope I never have to spend Christmas season time in a hospital waiting room, ever again. I felt like going to the roof and jumping.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Rmj said...

Hallmark movies are the worst.

I watch a bunch of Xmas movies in December, most of them just set at Xmas: "Mixed Nuts," "The Thin Man," and so forth. It's therapeutic

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home