Saturday, April 13, 2019

The Tale of the Tweet


One of these things....

...is not like the others.
Sen. Klobuchar's response bothers me, because Rep. Omar's words in this video are no more an accurate representation of what she said than the Project Veritas videos were ever documentary, rather than deceptively edited.
Nancy Pelosi is not running for President, but she did respond in the same medium:

I was not expecting her to condemn Trump in the harshest possible language, but this is a bit anodyne.

I understand where some of these people are coming from, but I have to say O'Rourke gets it, and Buttigieg runs a close second.  Trump ran on "Make America Great Again," but he won on racism and resentment.  The winning strategy now is represented by O'Rourke and Buttigieg.  Some of these response (like Castro's, who I like but not as Presidential timber) are a bit too aimed at Trump, which comes too close to wrestling with the pig:  you get dirty, and the pig likes it.  O'Rourke scares Trump precisely because he can't get a handle on him like he could with Clinton, or wants to with Biden.  Buttigieg is, I think the same problem for Trump.

No comments:

Post a Comment