Monday, April 15, 2019

Here I was, set to disagree



...and blame this on "political Twitter."  

Then I read down the feed:

Though I don't think Trump "has a vague point here," I do agree people should decide for themselves, rather than decide on distortions and misrepresentations.  Maybe even embrace the American ideal of a society of diversity and difference (Ohio is not Texas, Texas is not California, California is not Louisiana, etc.) that I grew up learning was our greatest strength, not our biggest problem.

Who am I kidding?  That's not what Twitter is for!

And on an unrelated point:
$83 million?  Really?  That's quite a 'burn rate' this far out.  To put that in context:


Trump raised $30 million in 1Q 2019, and has $40 million on hand, which means he raised at least $93 million since taking office.  And what does he have to show for it?  Well, his disapproval rate hasn't been below 50% since day 57 of his presidency.  He's spent roughly $41 million a year for two years, that's not a lot to show for it.


So:  naaah!  I'm more worried about Bernie breaking up the Dems than Trump raising money.

No comments:

Post a Comment