Thursday, July 09, 2020

I'm guessing no one is concerned with the practicalities of this plan


Like who's bringing what statues in, and how, and where they come from?  Plaster?  Bronze?  Stone? Foam?

Is there a company that rents out statues for events?  Statues that aren't faux Greek nymphets or caryatids?  I'm guessing that's not the look we're going for here. Are there faux-Confederate soldier statutes hanging around in some warehouse, waiting to see the light of day again?  I know there were pre-cast "soldiers" which could be presented as Union or Confederate, back in the heyday of the Lost Cause, but I'm guessing even those have long since been discarded.

I just really want to see 'em try it.  What do the attendees do, dance around them and praise them, oblivious to the Jewish and Christian directives (especially among the archly anti-RC denominations) against worshipping idols and stone images?

Yeah, this could be fun.  I think even Trump's evangelical base might get squicked out by this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment