Mamdani has declared Netenyahu a war criminal (I agree). But there are reasons Netenyahu can travel safely to the U.S., as can Putin (who met Trump in Alaska so he wouldn’t have to risk any landing in Europe).I love how everyone is appalled at the very concept of arresting the President of Israel, like we didn’t black-bag the President of Venezuela earlier this year.
— Harrison H. Smith ✞ (@HarrisonHSmith) July 23, 2026
The U.S. has not ratified the treaty for the ICC. We don’t recognize its authority, so we won’t extradite any foreign leader on our soil to The Hague.
Mamdani said he would seek legal advice before taking action. I’m sure he won’t do anything stupid. But everyone seems to be following Trump’s lead, insisting that anyone they don’t like should be charged with a crime. Mamdani is insisting the law be enforced, if it can be enforced.
And, of course, some countries leaders matter more than others.
No comments:
Post a Comment