Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Told Ya

The first time I heard Crenshaw on a local radio program he was ranting so harshly about Covid protocols I thought he was a crank caller. I was shocked to find out he was my newly-elected Representative (he hid this side when he went on SNL to accept Pete Davidson’s apology for an eye-parch joke).

Now he’s doing it in public. Now he’s not trying to hide it. This may be his Clayton Williams moment (Williams refused to shake hands with Anne Richards at a gubernatorial debate. He lost the race at that moment.) We live in hope.
The podcast was sbout Crenshaw's new book:

The important thing is that we societal hero archetypes that we look up to. Jesus is a hero archetype, Superman is a hero archetype. Real characters too, you know, I put, I could name a thousand,” Crenshaw said on the podcast. “You know, know Rosa Parks, Ronald Reagan, all of these people embody certain attributes that the American people think ‘This is good.'"

This was a Montgomery County Tea Party meeting, so not exactly a hotbed of liberalism. Crenshaw was in his element; or so he expected. The calls, in other words, were coming from inside the house.
Maybe the clumsiest part is she was quoting him talking about the mistake of responding with outrage rather than reason. “Don’t question my faith” is not an argument from reason . And if this is how a grown man reacts to a ten-year old girl in a public forum, it’s not your faith I question: it’s your maturity.

I didn’t realize former Navy Seals were so fragile. Or maybe it’s the GOP eating its young.

As I said: we live in hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment